What the Fuck is a Tibetan singing bowl?
A Tibetan singing bowl, contrary to its name, is actually a bell. These bowls are made from up to seven precious metals that corelate with some of the planets in our galaxy. Gold, Silver, Mercury, Tin, Lead, Iron, and Copper are all used to construct these beautiful bells. When struck, the bells make wonderfully rich and deep tones.
When do you use Tibetan Singing Bowls?
Tibetan singing bowls can be used:
- As a meditation aide
- To clear energy from a room
- To set the tone at the start of meditation or spiritual work, i.e. yoga, tarot readings, and marking the start or end of prayer.
- To promote feelings of well being and peace
How do you use Tibetan Singing Bowls?
Tibetan singing bowls come as a set to include a mallet. To make the bowl sing:
- Hold the bowl in one hand and the mallet in the other.
- Place the mallet inside the bowl and press firmly against the side.
- In a circular motion, its best to use your whole arm not just your wrist, swipe or rub the mallet against the inner rim of the bowl.
- You will begin to hear a high pitched singing sound when you have “activated” the bowl.
- Once you hear the high pitched sound, you can slow down the motion to bring out the sultry tones of the bowl.
Additionally, you can strike the outside of the bowl with the mallet to produce sound, or even make the swirling motion on the outside of the bowl.
What are the benefits of using Tibetan Singing Bowls?
Some benefits of Tibetan singing bowls include:
- Stress relief
- Harmonize the body
- To balance chakras
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Tension relief
- Increase mental clarity
- Provide a sense of positivity in your space
- Pain relief
And countless others.
So there you have it! You now know everything I know about Tibetan singing bowls. Do you have a Tibetan singing bowl already? What benefits have you noticed from using yours? I’d love to hear about your experiences. Leave your comment below! I can’t wait to hear from you.
Remember, I am not a doctor, let alone your doctor. Should you decide to use a Tibetan singing bowl for medicinal or pain relief purposes, please do your own research and consult your actual doctor first. After all, I’m just some lady from the internet.
Stay tuned for next week’s Witchcraft Wednesday where I will be discussing: